Societies and Meetings
- Orthopterists Society (OS): international scientific organization devoted to facilitating communication among those interested in Orthoptera and related organisms (English).
- Association of Applied Acridology International (AAAI): an organisation coordinating research on locust control (English).
- FAO (Migratory Pests group): Locust research group within the plant protection services of the Food and Agriculture Organization, FAO (English).
- CIRAD: informationen on Caelifera and locust control in Afrika (French).
- Australian Plague Locust Commission (APLC) (English).
- SALTABEL: Orthoptera study group of the Benelux states (Dutch and French).
- DJN (Deutscher Jugendbund für Naturbeobachtung): a German youth organisation offering holiday camps for nature watching including observation of Orthoptera (German).
- 10th international congress of Orthopterology
(Antalya, Turkey, 21-25 June, 2009) (English).